From Hulu to Netflix, streaming video is having a powerful impact on the traditional television industry. But are consumers really cutting the cord and bypassing cable operators in favor of online video? Join us at the the Streaming Media West show, Nov. 8-9, as Greg Sandoval, Senior Writer for CNET moderates a panel that will debate the cord-cutting subject. Learn what threats the broadcast networks are facing today and the impact of over-the-top (OTT) content on their business. Confirmed speakers include:
- Moderator: Greg Sandoval, Senior Writer, CNET
- Evan Young, Senior Director, Product Marketing, TiVo
- Jim Funk, VP, Business Development, Roku
- Jouari Santiago, Head of Broadband Video, Shaw Communications
- Derrick Oien, President, CEO, chumby
It's not too late to get a pass to the show and readers of my blog can register using my own personal discount code of DRF1, which gets you a two-day ticket to the show for only $595,if you register early.
And if you follow me on Twitter (@danrayburn) and re-tweet this post, you'll automatically be entered into a drawing to win one of three brand new Kindle Fire tablets that I will be giving away next month.