It is one thing to stream a live event for free but another thing entirely when people have paid to see it or the event is being sponsored. At the Streaming Media West show, [taking place November 17-19 in Huntington Beach, CA] this session will explore the technical, operational, and business challenges presented when your live streamed events just cannot falter. Learn the best technical approaches to take, what operational precautions to put in place, and what contingencies to be prepared for in advance. Hear the best practices from experts who have successfully pulled off live events, and hear some of the things they encountered that they never expected. Confirmed speakers for the session include:
- Jeffrey Gilbert, Manager, Media & Entertainment, Verizon Digital Media Services
- Chris Mangum, Sr. Digital Media Manager, Live & On-Demand Video Streaming, Yahoo!
- Justin Ignacio, Broadcast Manager, Twitch
- Ryan Currier, Head of Digital Products, Pac-12
- John Petrocelli, CEO, Founder, Bulldog Digital Media
Register online using the code 200DR for a “Discovery Pass” and get free access to the keynotes, exhibit hall, discovery track sessions, and receptions at #smwest.