At the Streaming Media West show, [taking place November 16-19 in Huntington Beach, CA] the Ultra HD Forum is moderating a session on the Future Of 4K and Ultra HD on Streaming Services. OTT Service Providers have already gone ahead of the traditional VOD providers by providing 4K content to their subscribers. But is it giving the consumers the wow factor that they’re looking for and is it really Ultra HD? Internet deployment models have continued to push traditional broadcast video with more choice and evolved viewer experiences that are deployed quickly and often without heavy reliance on standards. What does this mean for Ultra HD in OTT services? How does it scale across the industry and how is the term Ultra HD ultimately defined? This panel features senior experts from content owners, studios, technology providers and service operators to give their individual perspectives on how Ultra HD will scale across the industry and the evolution of the viewing experience over the next 5 years. Confirmed speakers include:
- Moderator: David Price, Vice-Chair, Ultra HD Forum, VP, Business Development, TV & Media, Ericsson
- Nick Colsey, VP, Business Development, Sony
- Thomas Edwards, VP, Engineering & Development, FOX Networks Engineering and Operations
- Eric Grab, Co-CTO, NeuLion
- Richard Doherty, Director, E-Media Strategy, Office of the CTO, Dolby Laboratories
Register online using the code 15DR200 for a “Discovery Pass” and get free access to the keynotes, exhibit hall, discovery track sessions, and receptions at #smwest, or $200 off a full conference pass.