Google, Twitch, LinkedIn & Others To Present Best Practices For Captioning Live Video On The Web
LinkedIn is one of the first online broadcasters to use YouTube’s recently added support for CEA-708, the standard for closed captioning for ATSC digital television (DTV) streams in the United States and Canada. At the Streaming Media West show, [taking place November 1-2 in Huntington Beach, CA] Heather Hurford, Live Video Producer at LinkedIn will moderate a session on the Best Practices For Captioning Live Video On The Web. The session will talk specifically about the encoders and signal flow, voice writing/respeaking method for generating captions & best practices to improve the quality of captions. Confirmed speakers include:
- Moderator: Heather Hurford, Live Video Producer, LinkedIn
- Matthew Szatmary, Senior Video Encoding Engineer, Twitch
- Rob Dillon, Manager, Digital Operations, Tribune Media
- Ben Cruz, YouTube Video Accessibility Evangelist, Google
- Jake Dozier, Access Services Manager, SDI Media
Register online using the code 200DR for a free “Discovery Pass” and get access to the keynotes, exhibit hall, discovery track sessions, and receptions at #smwest – at no cost – or get $200 off a full conference pass.