Streaming continues its rapid evolution, moving away from proprietary core technologies and towards open standards. Which leading-edge technologies (H.265, VP9, AOMedia Video, WebM, DASH, fMP4 HLS, CMAF, HTML5 & WebRTC) should you be adopting to future-proof your streaming deployments so you reach your targeted devices and deliver a great user experience? At the Streaming Media West show, [taking place November 1-2 in Huntington Beach, CA] we have a session that will look at the royalty-laden HEVC vs. royalty-free VP9 vs. the new open-source AOMedia Video for streaming with MPEG-DASH. Which will win out in the end? How will Apple’s adoption of fragmented MP4 for HLS impact DASH adoption? Will the death of browser plug-ins finally herald the age of HTML5 video streaming, and how does WebRTC fit in? Our panel will dive into these and other questions, helping you decipher which technologies are here to stay, and which should be forgotten. Confirmed speakers include:
- Moderator: Chris Knowlton, VP, Streaming Industry Evangelist, Wowza Media
- Omer Luzzatti, Senior Director, Head of Yahoo Video Platform
- Mark Arana, VP, Distribution Technology, The Walt Disney Studios
- Will Law, Chief Architect, Media Cloud Engineering, Akamai
- Spencer Stephens, CTO, Sony Pictures
Register online using the code 200DR for a free “Discovery Pass” and get access to the keynotes, exhibit hall, discovery track sessions, and receptions at #smwest – at no cost – or get $200 off a full conference pass.