At the Streaming Media West show, [taking place November 16-19 in Huntington Beach, CA] Matt White from CableLabs has organized a discussion around the Benefits Of Deploying Multicast-Assisted ABR Within An Operator Network. As operators transition to all-IP they are looking at opportunities to conserve access network bandwidth. Multicast-assisted ABR (M-ABR) is a low cost and easy to deploy solution that allows operators to see multicast gains on all in-home devices leveraging their TV Everywhere infrastructure. This panel will discuss how M-ABR can be deployed over any multicast-capable access network and effectively extends the operator’s CDN into the home by caching content on the gateway. Learn how multicast-assisted ABR allows operators to transition to all-IP, which enables it to be used in the short-term or as a long-term solution to bandwidth conservation on the access network. Confirmed speakers include:
- Moderator: Matt White, Principal Architect, IP Video Technologies, CableLabs
- David Grubb, CTO, Cloud Solutions, ARRIS
- Coby Young, Senior Director, Software Engineering, Comcast VIPER
- Raj Nair, VP, Technology, Ericsson
- Parissa Pandkhou, Director, Technology, Product Development, Verizon
Register online using the code 15DR200 for a “Discovery Pass” and get free access to the keynotes, exhibit hall, discovery track sessions, and receptions at #smwest, or $200 off a full conference pass.