Thursday at 2pm ET I’ll be moderating another StreamingMedia.com webinar, this time on the topic of “Advanced Techniques For Adaptive Streaming“. Adaptive bitrate encoding and distribution has been gaining traction in the industry as Apple, Adobe and Microsoft all offer ways to encode and deliver video, including via HTTP. But what does that mean for the average content owner who is trying to figure out the best way to improve the viewing experience? This webinar will share the best practices for encoding and delivering your video using adaptive streaming. Topics to be covered include:
- adaptive streaming benefits and why use it
- suitability of the cloud for encoding for adaptive streaming
- transcoding to multiple output files
- the critical Elements of ABR content production
- how to encode for various ABR technologies
- what DASH means for ABR going forward
Register here and bring your questions for the presenters for the live Q&A portion of the event.