Making business decisions around the usability and the user experience for consuming video is often limited by budget, technical limitations of consumer devices, and business rules around the consumption of media. At the Streaming Media West show (#smwest) in two weeks, Oct. 30-31, we’ve got Michael Dube, Manager of Systems Integration and Operations at HBO moderating a session on the subject of “Balancing the Viewer Experience and the Need to Monetize“. This session touches on issues such as design and usability in conjunction with technical features such as ad integration, security concerns, and inclusion of social media functionality, as they examine the needs of content owners versus the desires of consumers. Confirmed speakers include:
- Moderator: Michael Dube, Manager, Systems Integration and Operations, HBO
- Tad Ro, Executive Director, Digital Media, Warner Bros Telepictures
- Barry Blumberg, EVP, President, Alloy Digital and Smosh
- Gerald Abrahamian, VP, Digital Operations, NBCUniversal
- Jonathan Wilner, SeniorDirector, Product Management, Ooyala
It’s not too late to get a pass to the show and readers of my blog can register using my own personal discount code of DRF1, which gets you a two-day ticket to the show for only $595. That’s $300 off the regular ticket price and it gets you access to both keynotes, 35 sessions and how-to presentations, 100+ speakers and all the networking events.