There has been a lot of discussion around how to provide measurable metrics for online video, with many companies such as Nielsen and comScore evolving to be the standard. But, with an industry overflowing with data, perhaps the issue is not that there aren’t measurement methods, rather there is no online video “currency” that is currently accepted by all. At the Streaming Media West show next week, (#smwest) one session will explore the efforts behind qualifying audiences for agencies and advertisers, and how it translates back to its effect on delivering streaming video to consumers. Confirmed speakers include:
- Moderator: Andrew Wallenstein, TV Editor, Variety
- Brent Horowitz, VP, Corporate Strategy and Business Development, FreeWheel
- Stephanie Fried, VP, Research Insights & Analytics, VEVO
- Frank Besteiro, Head of Business Development, AOL On Network
- Roland Hamilton, U.S. Managing Director, Dailymotion
It’s not too late to get a pass to the show and readers of my blog can register using my own personal discount code of DRF1, which gets you a two-day ticket to the show for only $595. That’s $300 off the regular ticket price and it gets you access to both keynotes, 35 sessions and how-to presentations, 100+ speakers and all the networking events, including the special MPEG-DASH event.