Job Opening: Walt Disney Studios, Video Specialist, Distribution Technology Group
Here is a job opening that some of you may be interested in. The Video Specialist for the Distribution Technology Group at Walt Disney Studios is based in Burbank and will be the group’s expert in video technology and a champion of a high quality video user experience, and also very knowledgeable in audio technologies. Overall Responsibilities include:
- Provide expertise in multiple video compression technologies;
- Define and review video specifications for content distribution deals;
- Champion and test video quality using quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Identify new video systems and analyze their relevance to TWDS;
- Provide adequate support in audio compression technologies;
- Support various groups for video related projects.
Experience and qualifications:
- 5 years of intensive usage of video compression and formatting solutions;
- Detailed understanding of the MPEG family of video standards (MPEG-2, MP4, JPEG2000, ASP, AVC, profiles);
- Broad experience with transport and container formats including AVI, MKV, MPEG-2 TS, MPEG-4, etc.;
- Broad experience with audio solutions including AAC, FLAC, MP3, Apple lossless;
- Broad experience with configuring video encodings and multi-channel audio encodings;
- Broad experience in creating and testing software and hardware implementations of video codecs;
- Understanding of various metadata systems;
- Experience with streaming video and broadcast video solutions;
- Proficient with video editing tools.
If you'd like more details or to submit your resume, contact Sonal Prasad in the Walt Disney Studios Recruitment group who is in charge of filling the position.